Steps to update the firmware file for TP-Link ADSL Modem Router device
updating the firmware file for TP-Link ADSL Modem Router device can be a bit confusing task for the users that is why you will need to make sure that you can update your devices easily using the steps we are going to explain in this article. Using these steps you can make sure that your TP-Link ADSL Modem Router device will able to provide you trouble free wifi access. Before you follow all these steps you have to make sure that you are ready with the tplink modem login user name and password. After accessing the login page for your device you have to make sure that you have downloaded the file for your device.
Updating the Firmware File for TP-Link ADSL Modem Router Device
From the backside of the TP-Link ADSL Modem Router device you can find the hardware version of the device you are using. You can easily download the firmware for your tplink device from the official website. Save the firmware file at any location at your computer device and then you can unzip your firmware file. After that you can follow these steps.
- Access TP-Link ADSL Modem Router device login page.
- Connect your router device with the computer device using Ethernet cable.
- Fill http:// tplinklogin.net or http:// 192.168.0.1 IP address in the address bar of your web browser.
- Fill the login user name and password and from the configurations page select “System Tools” tab. // tp link modem quick setup
- After that choose “Firmware Update” tab. // how to access tp link modem
- Choose the firmware file you have just downloaded and saved to your computer devices.
- After choosing the firmware file you can click on the “Upgrade” option. // login to tp link modem
- Wait for few minutes and firmware file will be updated for your device. // how to access tp link modem
When the firmware update is going to your device, you will need to make sure that you are not disturbing the power supply or the Updation process for your device. you can also check the status page for your TP-Link ADSL Modem Router device so that you can make sure that firmware file is updated for your device.